Walk-Thru Temperature Scanners To Be Added At Some Osceola County Schools
From Click Orlando
OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – Dr. Debra Pace, the superintendent of the School District of Osceola County, said walk-thru, touch-less temperature scanners can be found in some buildings throughout the district.
She said the district currently has four of the temperature scanners that they piloted over the summer.
Pace said Harris Rosen, of Rosen Hotels & Resorts, donated the four scanners to the school district.
She said they have since purchased 14 additional walk-thru temperature scanners.
School officials said the four scanners are currently placed at Neptune Middle School, Horizon Middle School and two are at district office buildings.
The district said the 14 additional walk-thru scanners are on order and will be placed at comprehensive high schools and at their three transportation facilities.
Pace said placing the temperature scanners at the high schools was strategic.
“Our high school students, as you know, are not going to be as likely to have mom or dad checking their temperature each and every morning,” Pace said.
For the schools that do not have the walk-thru scanners, Pace said they are equipped with other temperature-checking methods.
She said each school already has five touch-less thermometers and that each department also has a touch-less thermometer.
Pace said all staff members will check their temperature when they walk in to school, but said student temperature checks will be offered randomly.
School officials have also said that the walk-thru temperature scanners are mobile and can be moved to different entrances and buildings.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems