The New Normal of Workplace Safety Will Include Temperature Checks and Social Distancing
From Plastics Today
Just a couple of short months ago, workplace safety was a familiar concept. The potential hazards — exposure to chemicals, proximity to machinery, ladders, and so forth — and the preventive measures implemented by employers were straightforward and well-understood. What does that look like in the COVID-19 era? Social distancing . . . temperature checks . . . obsessive hand washing . . . face masks and shields . . . double and triple shifts to comply with strict capacity requirements. And that bulletin board where the company proudly touted the number of days without a workplace injury? Now it might have a poster showing how long the facility has been COVID-19 free. Not only is it not your father’s factory anymore, it’s not even the one you knew a couple of months ago! And that new reality has spawned a whole new ecosystem.
The Cleveland Clinic has published “Return to Work Amid COVID-19: A Cleveland Clinic Guide for Manufacturers,” which can be downloaded from its website. It’s filled with useful information on preparing the workplace so it’s safe to re-open, procedures employees should follow to stay safe, and how employers can communicate effectively about these measures. And it’s from the Cleveland Clinic, so no need for fact-checking on this platform.
Seeing a new business opportunity, some companies have stepped up to tout technologies designed to keep the workplace safe. Last week, we reported on an air-sanitizing system for the workplace that removes dust and particulates that may carry viruses.The patent-pending ScrubX system developed by Novatec can provide dust and particulate control for up to 3,000 square feet of interior space. Read our article to learn more about this system.
Quest Diagnostics launches Return to Work suite of services
Today I learned about an initiative from Quest Diagnostics, which has launched a suite of Return to Work services built around large-scale workforce COVID-19 testing. In addition to molecular/diagnostics and antibody/serology testing for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19, Quest also will provide guidance to companies regarding the tools and resources they need to safely resume production as well as how to interpret test results.
As the leading provider of employee population health and workplace drug testing services, Quest Diagnostics already has a trusted relationship with employers. As a result, “we feel Quest can make a major contribution with our Return to Work services,” said Steve Rusckowski, Chairman, CEO, and President. “We will empower organizations of all sizes to use lab insights to help them foster safer and healthy environments as our nation plans to reopen our economy."
The modular features of the new Return to Work service suite include:
- Event hosting with on-site temperature checks and respiratory and blood specimen collection by Quest Diagnostics staff. Diagnostic testing is performed on respiratory specimens and antibody testing is performed on blood specimens.
- Access to a variety of specimen-collection options, ranging from respiratory specimen collection for diagnostic testing to use of the company's 2,200 Patient Service Centers for blood draws for COVID-19 antibody testing.
- IT solutions that include secure online questionnaires to help direct participants to the appropriate testing (diagnostic or antibody) based on factors such as symptoms and exposure to sick individuals and easy-to-understand results reporting.
- Access to physician ordering, oversight, and telemedicine services.
- Data integrated with contact tracing and infection control software applications in use by employers.
- Influenza vaccination services are also provided and will ultimately incorporate SARS CoV-2 vaccines, when available.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems