Robots Check Travelers’ Body Temperatures at Incheon Int’l Airport
South Korea’s main gateway Incheon International Airport has adopted a non-face-to-face automatic body temperature robots at its departure halls to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections.
Incheon International Airport Corp. on Monday introduced a trial service of its contactless body temperature checking robots and kiosks at the departure halls in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. The service comes as part of efforts to create infectious disease-free airport and protect travelers from spreading COVID-19.
The corporation installed three temperature checking robots near the check-in counter at Terminal 1 departure hall and another robot near the Terminal 2 check-in counter.
The robot measures the temperature of approaching travelers using a thermal imaging camera and in the advent of hyperthermia, it automatically contacts the airline. The robot also sprays hand sanitizers without any contact.
The corporation also installed a temperature-checking kiosk with the same function as the robot one each near the check-in counter at Terminal 1 and 2. The kiosk measures the temperature of travelers and gives a warning sound when high temperatures are detected.
The corporation plans to additionally introduce self-driving robot in the second half of this year, which can sense whether passengers are wearing masks or not.
The company expects the latest move could accelerate the expansion of smart quarantine services at the airport.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems