Masks, Temperature Checks Required for Guests When Cedar Point Reopens in July
SANDUSKY, Ohio (WJW) – Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky has a reopening date.
Among the safety guidelines in place, masks will be required.
Here is what is listed on the website for parent company Cedar Fair:
- A new online reservation system to manage capacity and facilitate appropriate social distancing;
- A health screen and temperature check before each guest, associate or vendor enters the park;
- New social distancing protocols throughout the parks;
- The requirement for guests, associates, and vendors to wear masks as directed by protocols;
- An abundance of hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the parks; and
- Increased cleaning and sanitization procedures of all high-touch areas throughout the parks.
The park is planning a phased reopening.
The park will open initially for Season Passholders only, and shortly thereafter for Cedar Point Resorts guests and guests who have pre-purchased tickets.
Cedar Point’s tentative opening dates:
- July 9 – 10: park open to 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders only
- Beginning July 11: park open to Cedar Point Resorts guests and 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders
Guests who do not have a pre-purchased ticket will not be able to make a reservation, initially. Hotel guests and Season Passholders, then pre-purchased ticket holders will be able to reserve first when it’s time.
An opening date for the Cedar Point waterpark has not been set.