Laing O’Rourke Introduces Temperature-Check Cameras On Construction Sites
From Construction News
Laing O’Rourke has introduced temperature-checking cameras at its sites and offices in a bid to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Cameras have been introduced at sites in purpose-built modular units for sites and mounted onto ceilings in offices in a bid to make temperature checks a normal part of arriving at work. Its HS2 and Hinkley Point C sites, as well as its offsite factory, have already been fitted out with the technology, while it is due to be rolled out to other projects including the Royal Liverpool Hospital in the next few weeks.
Workers must pause in front of the cameras on their entrance and within a second their skin temperature is measured. If it is within a normal range a green light comes on. If the system is triggered by a high temperature, an alert sounds and the worker is tested again. If their temperature remains high the second time, they are asked to return home and apply for a coronavirus test.
Laing O’Rourke operations leader on its HS2 enabling-works joint venture LM Steve Paskins said: “There is no replacement for good cleanliness and social-distancing rigour but we’ve found that the temperature-checking units work quickly and accurately.” He acknowledged the system doesn’t detect coronavirus but said by picking up a main symptom, it “gives us, everyone on site, as well as their families, assurance that colleagues have all been checked before entering the project”.
The kit has been developed by Laing O’Rourke’s specialist subsidiary Select Plant.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems