How To Conduct a Facility Health Screening
The following instructions from Colorado.gov break down the steps and equipment needed for businesses to conduct their own temperature screenings:
- 4-6 temple thermometers.
- Alcohol swabs (to clean thermometer heads).
- Bleach wipes (to clean thermometer bodies) and work surfaces.
- Tyvek wristbands (multiple colors to have different color each day).
- Hand sanitizer.
- Disposable medical gloves.
- CR 2032 batteries (several).
- Computer with network and Google access.
- Google data entry form.
- Paper data entry forms (back-up).
- Room near the entrance with:
- Adequate space to establish a line with people spaced 6-feet apart.
- Two 5-6 foot tables for supplies and data entry
- Line manager (optional)
- 1-2 temperature takers
- 1-2 people to enter data and apply wristbands.
Set up equipment on the tables so that the temperature takers screen first. The data entry personnel will be at the opposite end of the tables. Clean all surfaces and equipment with bleach wipes or disinfectant wipes.
Remind all people in line to stay 6 feet apart.
- Temperature takers ensure that they put medical gloves on.
- Using a temple thermometer, take the person’s temperature.
- Ask the person to remember their temperature for the data entry person.
- A fever is defined as a temperature of 100.4 or above. Ask people who have a fever to return home and notify their supervisor.
- If no fever is present, have the person proceed to data entry.
Data entry screening
Data entry personnel will use the Employee Screening Form to capture information electronically. If the computer is not accessible, use the manual paper form and complete data entry at a later time.
Enter name and agency information, record temperature, and ask about symptoms.
If the person answers yes to any of the following, ask the person to return home and notify their supervisor.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Complete data entry, place the “color of the day” wristband on person’s wrist, and allow the person to proceed.
- Clean thermometers after each use.
- Maintain a clean work space.
- Clean and disinfect all surface areas at the end of the day.
- Clean your hands frequently.
Is This For Real?
In short, Yes, and in some states it's the law and “the new normal”. Many businesses don’t realize what reopening after a pandemic means but the requirements can be overwhelming. Not only do you need a continuous supply of products like swabs, thermometers, wipes, sanitizer, wrist bands, alcohol, computers, etc, but you need staff to work as line managers, temperature readers, and data entry personnel, either hired by you or employees from your own staff, to work in close proximity with potentially infected individuals that may put everyone They come in contact with at risk. For this reason, companies are hiring professional temperature screening services to work long hours every day to screen employees or customers for illness in order to provide a safe environment. Seems like a lot of work and expense to go through when in this day and age shouldn’t there Be a smarter way to screen individuals without risking close contact, and in a way that logs data automatically?
Fortunaty there is a simple automated solution that is affordable and makes use of the latest technology to provide hassle-free screening without the headache. In fact, automated temperature screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Introducing our Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.