Frontier Airlines Requires Temperature Checks for Passengers, Crew Before Boarding
DENVER (WJW) —Frontier Airlines will now conduct temperature screenings for all passengers and crew members before boarding flights.
According to the airline, this decision was made in effort to prevent further spread of the coronavirus, which was declared a global pandemic in March.
The virus, COVID-19, is known to cause mild to severe respiratory illness and spreads via person-to-person transmission, primarily from respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can be deposited in the mouth, nose, or eyes of nearby people or be inhaled into the lungs. Asymptomatic persons can transmit the virus.
Frontier says anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be permitted to travel. The airline also requires face coverings for all passengers and crew, which must be worn throughout the entire flight.
“Temperature screenings are the latest addition to our comprehensive, multi-layered approach to supporting the health and well-being of everyone onboard our aircraft,” Frontier Airlines CEO Barry Biffle said in a press release. “Combined with face coverings, hospital-grade HEPA air filtration and enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures, we believe our aircraft are safer than any other mode of transportation.”
Customers will be screened via touchless thermometers prior to boarding.
If a customer’s temperature reading is 100.4 degrees or higher, and time allows, they will be given the opportunity to rest before receiving a second check. If the second temperature screening is 100.4 degrees or higher, a Frontier gate agent will explain to the customer that they will not be flying that day for the health and safety of others.
The airline says they will work with that customer to rebook travel on a later date or otherwise accommodate the traveler’s preferences with respect to their reservation.
All crew members will undergo this process as well and be held to the same standards as customers.
In April, Frontier also updated its boarding procedures to board most passengers from the rear of the aircraft to the front.
Frontier also announced at that time that passengers will take a health acknowledgment prior to completing check-in via the company’s website or mobile app. Passengers are required to confirm that:
- They nor anyone in their household has exhibited COVID-19 related symptoms in the last 14 days
- They will check their temperature before heading to the airport and not travel if they have a fever
- They will wash their hands/sanitize before boarding the flight
- They understand and acknowledge the airline’s face covering and temperature screening policies
The airline, like numerous other air carriers, is also increased its “already stringent” aircraft cleaning and sanitation protocols.
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems