Fayetteville Schools Start Temperature Checks on Campus
From 40/29TV News
Beginning Monday for the Fayetteville School District, all students and staff members will have their temperature checked before they enter any of our school buildings.
Staff members will be at the entrances to every building on campus to perform the temperature checks with touchless thermometers. This is a change from previous policy when temperatures were to be checked at home by parents and individuals.
"Students and staff members who have an elevated temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, will be isolated and then reassessed to determine if they can remain at school or at work," according to an email from the superintendent.
According to a physician specialist with the Department of Health, a fever is one of the most common symptoms associated with COVID-19.
And while some people will be asymptomatic and may not be running a high fever, regular temperature checks are a good strategy to help curb the spread of cases inside school buildings, according to Dr. Joel Tumilson.
"We don't want sick people showing up. Someone with a fever has some kind of infection, in general. Now, that might not be COVID-19, but in this setting there's a good chance it is. We need to keep out any kids or staff members that could be sick. That way, they can seek help or guidance from a medical provider," Tumilson said.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems