Dothan City Schools Return With Temperature Checks
Dothan City Schools students are back to the classroom as of Tuesday, September 8th.
This will be the first time that some students have seen each other for the first time in almost six months.
The days of lockers and water fountains are gone for now, replaced with clear backpacks and water bottles.
Another change on the way -- temperature scanners.
School Board members recently approved 23 new thermal imaging cameras from Harris Security Systems.
They’ll be placed at the entrance of every DCS campus.
The only exceptions are Dothan High and Dothan Prep, which will each have four cameras to cover campus.
The system can scan up to 45 faces at one time.
It will help identify anyone coming into schools that has a fever.
In the reopening plan, a temp of 100.4 degrees or higher is considered a symptom of the Coronavirus.
If a student is flagged by the camera, they will be taken to an isolation room where the school nurse will provide an additional evaluation.
The school system has created numerous videos on their website and school Facebook pages to help students and parents understand the changes ahead this year.
The system has committed to putting two full-time subs in every school so that if a teacher calls in sick, a sub will be there and be familiar with the school and its practices.
About 3,000 students, or 1/3 of the school’s student population, have opted for virtual learning to start this year.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems