DHS Laboratory Seeking Temperature Screening Device for Emergency Responders
The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Urban Security Technology Laboratory (NUSTL) is seeking information on thermal screening for emergency responders and protective services to detect fevers at point of entry, according to a July 29 request for information (RFI).
“The purpose of this research is to provide homeland security enterprise related agencies with information on commercially available off the shelf (COTS) screening thermographs for the purpose of conducting non-invasive febrile temperature screening of individuals at points of entry,” NUSTL explains in the RFI.
The thermal imagers must be able to: capture human heights between 0.5 and 2.5 meters; discriminate temperature differences of 0.2 degrees Celsius or less; be mounted to a surface of tripod; operate on subjects two meters or more away from the device; and capture temperature readings in one second or less.
NUSTL is the DHS component responsible for the development, evaluation, and transition into the field of emerging technologies for law enforcement, fire, and other emergency responders. The thermal screening RFI is being released through the System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders (SAVER) program, meant to guide emergency responders through procurement decisions.
Respondents will be required to answer a 19 question survey on product features. NUSTL is accepting responses through August 31.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems