Clemson Football Has 23 Players Test Positive for The Coronavirus After Return to Campus
Clemson announced on Friday that 28 student-athletes have tested positive for COVID-19 among 315 players and coaches tested since the to return to campus earlier this month. The school says that the athletes are from football, men's basketball, volleyball, men's soccer and women's soccer. However, according to The Athletic, 23 of those 28 positive tests are within the football team.
The school says that most of the cases have been asymptomatic and none of the players have been hospitalized due to the coronavirus. Athletes who have tested positive will be isolated for at least 10 days, and people who have been in close contact with those individuals are being asked to self-quarantine for two weeks. The Athletic reported that voluntary summer workouts will not be shut down due to the positive tests.
Clemson started its return to campus on June 1.
There has been an increase in positive COVID-19 cases across the country over the last two weeks as student-athletes have returned to campus. Texas reported on Thursday that 13 players have tested positive for COVID-19 and Houston shut down its preseason conditioning after six players recorded symptomatic positive tests.
The COVID-19 pandemic has swept across the world since the beginning of January, killing more than 450,000 people and infecting more than 8.5 million. It has caused the cancelation of college football spring practices, the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournaments and other major sporting events. It also interrupted NBA and NHL seasons, delayed the start of the MLB season and postponed The Masters and Kentucky Derby to the fall.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems