California DMV Expands Its Health Screening and Temperature Check Protocols To Protect Customers and Employees
August 20, 2020 - Sacramento – In the latest action to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, beginning August 20, the California Department of Motor Vehicles is expanding its health screening questions and temperature checks currently in place for behind-the-wheel drive tests to all customers and employees entering a DMV facility.
Following CDC guidelines, customers who record a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be rescheduled for a future DMV appointment. DMV employees will participate in a health screening that includes a temperature check before the start of each shift, and those with temperatures above 100.4 will be sent home.
This new procedure, using an infrared thermometer, is in addition to other recent protective actions taken by the DMV:
- All employees wear protective equipment including face coverings.
- Employees maintain physical distancing and have access to disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, gloves, face shields and soap and water.
- Access to hand-washing stations for customer use in select locations.
- Customers are required to wear a face covering and remain 6 feet apart in line.
- Customers are offered a text message that allows them to wait outside the building until notified it is their turn to be served.
- Entry into the building is metered.
- Expanded online services at dmv.ca.gov/online to eliminate the need to visit a field office.
In June, the DMV resumed behind-the-wheel driving tests with new health and safety protocols in place including:
- All behind-the-wheel drive test applicants are required to wear a face covering and answer screening questions before starting the exam.
- Temperature checks.
- DMV examiners wear protective equipment – face coverings and gloves – and place plastic covers on the test vehicle’s passenger seat and floorboard.
- At least two windows are lowered during the test for increased ventilation.
- Examiners conduct more of the test outside of the vehicle, for instance when they are providing applicants with pre-test instructions.
The DMV recommends customers use its online services, expanded virtual services and other service channels to complete transactions, including eligible driver’s license and vehicle registration renewals. Customers can use the Service Advisor on the DMV website to learn their options to complete DMV tasks.
Source :CA. DMV
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems