Amazon is Using Thermal Cameras for Coronavirus Temperature Checks
Amazon has started using thermal cameras at its operations facilities to screen workers for fevers, a common symptom of the novel coronavirus. The move comes after a number of cases were reported at Amazon facilities in states such as Washington, California and New York, and a slew of organized walkouts by workers over coronavirus safety.
Amazon has installed thermal cameras at its "operations locations," according to a statement that was emailed CNN Business. The thermal cameras require less contact and work quicker than the forehead cameras Amazon originally introduced. The employee entrances of several Whole Foods locations will also be equipped with the new devices.
"We implemented daily temperature checks in our operations locations as an additional preventative measure to support the health and safety of our employees who continue to provide a critical service in our communities," said Amazon spokesperson, Kristen Kish in a statement.
"We are now implementing the use of thermal cameras for temperature screening to create a more streamlined experience at some of our sites." The tech behomoth says it has made more than 150 process changes. This includes enhanced sanitation cleanings and deploying face masks to workers across its US and European networks, as well as its Whole Foods Market stores.
Amazon SVP, Jay Carney told CNN that the company is in its "early days" of assembling a lab to develop a test for Covid-19. The company has added over 200,000 additional workers to meet increased demand onset by the coronavirus pandemic.
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues :
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems