133 Temperature Screening Cameras Installed at All Gates at Hawai‘i’s Five Busiest Airports
The Hawaiʻi Department of Transportation announced the completion of phase two of the new thermal temperature screening equipment installation at Hawaiʻi’s five busiest airports that accept trans-Pacific flights.
A total of 133 cameras statewide are operational and available to detect people with a body temperature of 100.4 degrees and above.
The equipment is now installed at all gates and departure security checkpoints at: the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Kahului Airport (OGG), Līhuʻe Airport (LIH), Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole (KOA) and Hilo International Airport (ITO).
HDOT and the NEC team, including NEC Corporation and NEC Corporation of America have completed phases one and two of the project.
- Phase one installed 36 cameras and equipment at the gates currently in use for trans-Pacific flights.
- Phase two installed 97 more cameras and equipment at all remaining gates and departure security checkpoints. Not all gates are currently in use due to lower than normal flight volume; however, the equipment is ready and available when the gates return to use.
Phase three will add the facial imaging technology and is scheduled to be completed by Dec. 31, 2020.
Members of the Hawaii National Guard and HDOT employees have been trained statewide to operate and monitor the equipment. Passengers used to stop to have their temperature taken by hand held thermometers. They are now able to deplane the aircraft without stopping. An alert on the monitor will appear if someone is detected to have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher. The Hawaiʻi National Guard member or an airport representative will then pull that passenger aside for further evaluation.
American Medical Response paramedics or the Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting units stationed at the airport will verify the passenger’s temperature. The passenger will be offered a COVID-19 test and the person’s contact information will be collected to provide to the Hawaii Department of Health for contact tracing, if necessary.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort
Automated Temperature Screening is effortless and creates a safe trusted environment that eases the tension, fear, and anxiety people often feel after a pandemic.
Automated Pass Management Temperature Screening Device. This device requires no physical interaction. Simply look at the camera and get the temperature in 1 second. Facial recognition checks-in and maintains records of the individual temperatures. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. it’s the perfect solution for office buildings, warehouses, schools, government buildings, museums, sports arenas, theme parks, movie theaters, gyms, rail stations, hotels, restaurants, or practically any public venue.
Protect your employees and customers with minimal distraction and effort.
TempSafe Technology makes temperature screening easy. Explore our site to learn more about our Temperature Screening products.
Temperature Screening Solution
Safely screen employees and visitors for high temperature as they walk into a building or a defined area. The system can prevent people from entering if the pre-defined temperature threshold is exceeded or are not wearing a mask, and trigger an alarm.
- Provides fast and accurate body-temperature measurement
- Detects if a protective mask is being worn
- Users can be denied door or system access if a high temperature or no mask is detected
- Alarm options include strobe light, siren and a popup on PC workstation
- Saves data in personnel safety log and verifies records.
- Data, alerts and reporting available
The solution combines a thermal camera and our latest face, palm and fingerprint recognition technology for employee authentication, providing advanced security and convenience, all on a single affordable device.
Used to help screen potentially affected people in the workplace and public venues:
Schools, airports, hospitals, construction sites, correctional institutions, government and office buildings
No Touch Biometric Reader
Embedded face & palm recognition sensor provides 100% hands-free hygienic user authentication.
- Used for various applications including Access Control, Time & Attendance, Visitor Management, Event Management & more
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Face verification possible while wearing protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing mask)
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight
- Access Levels, Groups, Holidays, DST, Duress Mode (password), Anti-Passback, Record Query
- Interfaces with
- KeyTracer Key Control Systems
- AssetTracer Smart Locker Systems
- Various Access Control Systems